Create an account to get access to our useful VIP features like sending messages and saving listings and searches. You can even have new homes emailed daily.
Not every home buyer is interested in having their own in-ground pool. Some homeowners wish to live in Pool Communities. But if your family is the “outdoorsy” type then maybe having your own pool is a good real estate move.
The National Association of Realtors says an in-ground pool adds about 7.7% more in value to the home's market value.
There is a growing segment of baby boomers who pass up buying a vacation home to invest in their own back-yard paradise. They install complete pool systems boasting waterfalls, hot tubs, climbing walls and extensive landscaping.
• Many people believe pools increase the aesthetic value of their yard.
• People who host a lot of parties utilize their pools as an entertainment center, and kids love pools.
• Pools provide an easy way to instantly cool down on hot days.
• Some people use swimming pools exclusively for in-water exercises and say pools add health benefits for them.
• Swimming pools can bring added value at resale, especially in hot climates.